Form control editing

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Form control editing

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. Word 2007.
I've added a Rich Text control, but how can the user format the text they enter? Formatting choices don't appear when right-clicking?

Using an image control, is it possible to use an IF field to delete the picture if someone clicks a Check Box control?

Thanks for both, Andy.

I think the formatting is available if I Group the controls, but then what is the difference between the Plain and Rich Text Controls?
Thanks, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Form control editing

Post by HansV »

Is this within a document or in a userform (created in the Visual Basic Editor)?
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Hi. Within a document. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

With the Rich Text control, you can use the formatting options on the Home tab of the ribbon:
x199.png
Also, if you select some text, a semi-transparent popup toolbar will appear. If you move the mouse pointer to the toolbar, it will become opaque:
x200.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

About your other question, are you using a check box from the Legacy Controls or from the ActiveX Controls?
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello.
I see that the text controls don't work in combination with Protection for filling in forms. However, I can see no
difference between the functionality of the Plain and Rich Text controls?
My second question has disappeared - but thanks for your assistance. Andy.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'll get back to you later (I'm on a PC with Office 2003 at the moment)
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

agibsonsw wrote:However, I can see no difference between the functionality of the Plain and Rich Text controls?
If you select some text in a Plain text control and apply formatting, such as Bold or Red, it will apply to ALL text in the text control, not just to the selected text.
If you select some text in a Rich text control and apply formatting, such as Bold or Red, it will apply to the selected text only. You can apply different formatting to different parts of the text in the control.
Best wishes,
Hans