Comments not printing??

Rudi
gamma jay

Comments not printing??

Post by Rudi »

Hi,

Posting out of frustration....
(Office 2010 - Word)

I have a user who has a document containing comments (their own comments and those of other users).
The comments display on the screen, but do NOT print?

This same document emailed to me and a few other persons, when printed, the comments show perfect, so it is only on this persons PC where the comments don't print. IOW: Its not a print driver issue or a document issue and others (incl) me) can print the comments fine.

I have checked the Review Ribbon and ensured that all settings reg. comments are on and displayed (on their PC).
I have checked the comment style and ensured that it is black text and not hidden
I have closed and reopened Word (as well as opened the document from within Word) and printed...but still the comments don't print.
I have sent it to three different printers...no joy
I have checked the print settings and made sure the Print Markups settings is checked

Is there anything else I can do/check to get the comments printing from this PC??

The only thing I have not done is run an Office Repair on the PC.
We do plan to upgrade the PC to Office 2013 in a few weeks, but until then....we need a fix!

Any suggestions....(much appreciated).
Cheers
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Comments not printing??

Post by StuartR »

Have you tried creating a new blank document, adding a comment, and seeing if that prints? It might help to narrow down where the problem lies.
StuartR

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

This thread has 8 pages of comments containing about 5 different "solutions", including everything mentioned here. One that might be worth trying is toggling "Print Markup" off and then on again -- a variation on "percussive maintenance". :grin:

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

TX Stuart and Jay.

I am glad to say that the issue is resolved. (How and what happened to resolve it is a bit of a mystery) however i am going to credit Stuart with the resolution as the last action I did on this users machine before it started printing the comments was to copy the entire doc onto a blank new page and print. Suddenly, the comments were there. I close the blank page and then tried to print the original problem document.......and presto....the comments suddenly were there and printing. I opened two more older docs where the comments were also previously not printing, and these also printed fine now with comments.

Something must have reset or got activated in the paste to a blank new doc.????

So, TX Stuart!! :thumbup:
Regards,
Rudi

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Brilliant, I love getting undeserved :chocciebar:
StuartR

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

You have a choice of a box of:

-- Bar Ones
-- Top Deck
-- Beacon Fruit and Nut Slab
-- Chocolate Liquors

:grin: :yum:
Regards,
Rudi

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

:yum:
StuartR