Page border with most flexibility?

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Page border with most flexibility?

Post by New Daddy »

I see two methods of creating a page border that surrounds the whole page -- using the Borders and Shades option and inserting a frame shape.

To me, each has pros and cons. The Borders and Shades option is simpler, but the thickest border you can have is 6 points, which isn't thick enough in some circumstances.

Inserting a frame shape in the page has other advantages, but you can't seem to change the thickness at all.

Is there another method where I can have more flexibility on the thickness?

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Page border with most flexibility?

Post by Rudi »

You could use Shapes. (The only disadvantage is that there is no embellished line options)
In the image below I used a rectangle shape with a compound line. The border width is 20pt with option to go wider.
If you place the shape in the header, it will display on all pages instead of just the cover page.
SC1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Post by New Daddy »

Rudi wrote:You could use Shapes. (The only disadvantage is that there is no embellished line options)
In the image below I used a rectangle shape with a compound line. The border width is 20pt with option to go wider.
If you place the shape in the header, it will display on all pages instead of just the cover page.
SC1.jpg
Yes, that worked like a charm!

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

Wandering in here a little late (as usual)... For even more flexibility, have a look at http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/BorderArt.htm.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Great to know that you can save it as autotext once the design is complete.
That coffee border will do me good right about now....! (still trying to wake up!)
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.