How do I disable an Add-In in Word?

jmt356
SilverLounger

How do I disable an Add-In in Word?

Post by jmt356 »

Word displays a series of add-ins that are being activated whenever I launch Word. How do I prevent one of these from being activated?
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: How do I disable an Add-In in Word?

Post by Rudi »

To remove a Word 2010 add-in, click the File tab > Options, and then click the Add-Ins section on the left. You’ll see a list of add-ins that are currently installed: at the top are the enabled add-ins and at the bottom are the disabled ones. Find the one you want to remove and select it. If for example the one you want to remove is a COM add-in, then for example, select COM add-in from the drop down (Manage selector) and click Go. This will open additional dialog's to remove the appropriate.

In the window that opens, you can either uncheck the box next to the add-in to simply disable it, or select it and then click Remove to remove it entirely from Word. If you just disable it, you can re-enable it later, whereas if you remove it you’ll have to re-install it again. Whichever action you take, the tab that relates to the add-in will be removed from the ribbon.
SC5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

jmt356
SilverLounger

Re: How do I disable an Add-In in Word?

Post by jmt356 »

Thank you. Wow, it is amazing how fast Word loads without the Babylon add-in.
Regards,

JMT