upgrade Word 2007[Compatibility Mode] to Word 2013 full mode

diana
3StarLounger

upgrade Word 2007[Compatibility Mode] to Word 2013 full mode

Post by diana »

hi --

I’ve Word 2007 templates setup in compatibility mode.

Were upgrading to Word 2013 (Office 2013) full mode.

In Word 2013 I open the Word 2007 template, the title bar displays [Compatibility Mode].
I click on File menu and a Convert button displays.
The button converts the template into proper Word 2013 mode.
If I click Convert button, the template appears to be converted, and in the title bar [Compatibility Mode] no longer displays.

Between 2007 and 2013, Ive noticed the layouts are different. See screen capture.
If I goto Page Layout, the margins are identical for both 2007 Compatibility Mode template and the converted 2013 template. However on 2013 template the text appears to be lower and dropped down.
The paragraph spacing before and after are the same on both templates.
Im not sure where /or how to rectify the 2013 template.

I read the only way to move forward is to rebuild and recreate word templates.
There are 118 templates locally and more templates on the network. Therefore to rebuild will be a BIG time consuming task.

Whats the best way to migrate, or fix the layout.

MTIA

--dd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: upgrade Word 2007[Compatibility Mode] to Word 2013 full

Post by Rudi »

Is there a difference in the header/footer margins in the 2013 version?
Also, please confirm if the image (logo) is in the header? or is it a wrapped image in the body of the document?
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The logo mentioned by Rudi appears to be the main difference - it is positioned differently. Is there a difference in the settings for the logo?
Best wishes,
Hans

diana
3StarLounger

Post by diana »

Yes your right its related to the logo. I didn't think to check the picture properties. I had a document a few years back mentioning known issues with templates converted from Compatibility Mode to full mode. One of the issues were changes to Page Layout.

Someone created a table (to insert text) and resized the table. The logo is positioned by the table. in Word 2007 the picture properties Text Wrapping style is set to 'Square', however the logo appears floating.

In Word 2013,the picture properties Text Wrapping style is still Square. However Word seems to honour the 'Square' and has moved the table Square from the picture.

To resolve I had change Text Wrapping to 'In front of text'.

Many thanks again :clapping: