adding the "Therefore" sign

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

adding the "Therefore" sign

Post by Dave Davison »

Just learned that the "Therefore" sign can be accessed by using the "Symbol" font and typing 0092 on the numeric keypad but (always looking for a quicker method) I tried to enter it into the "Autocorrect" app but the said three dots do not appear when I hit the shortcut keyboard combination which I selected as "tt" just as a trial. Is it possible to perform this action using a keyboard shortcut. :scratch: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: adding the "Therefore" sign

Post by Rudi »

Hi Dave,

I assume you are trying to set this up in Word???
If so follow these steps:

1. Open Word and on a blank document, type ALT+8756 (or ALT+8757 for the inverse)
2. Then select the symbol and copy it to the clipboard
3. Open the Symbols dialog from the insert menu
4. Click the Autocorrect button
5. In the Replace box, type tt (or any other code)
6. In the With box, place your cursor and press CTRL+V (to paste the symbol you copied)
7. Choose OK

Now you can type the code "tt" and Word with replace it with the "therefore"
screenshot_119.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Many thanks Rudi..........tried following your instructions -but alas- did not have much sucess however! To my astonishment I noticed the required sign IS in fact on the fourth line of the first page of "Symbols" BUT only when the Symbols font is preselected prior to selecting the symbols tab in the ribbon, so I simply clicked on it and assigned Alt+TT as a keyboard shortcut and BINGO solution found, so no need to go down the Autocorrect route. I chose the said keyboard combination with two T's because I already have Alt+T assigned to the "Tick" sign, just in case anyone wonders why that combination of letters was chosen. :thankyou: anyway Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have moved this thread to the Word forum, since - as Rudi guessed - it's about Microsoft Word, NOT about Windows 7.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

.........apologies yet again chaps.....may yet get the hang of things one day soon. sorry dave

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Glad you came right Dave :cheers:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.