Drawing Toolbar

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Drawing Toolbar

Post by Dave Davison »

Delighted Hans kept me right regarding assigning keyboard shortcuts to Symbols etc, now feature I would like directions to is the "Drawing" [the same as or similar to] that shown in the attachment. Thanks in advance Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Drawing Toolbar

Post by HansV »

To insert a shape, picture or diagram, activate the Insert tab of the ribbon:
S0886.png
When you insert a shape or picture, Word will automatically display the Format tab of the ribbon. This tab is only visible when you have selected a shape or picture.
This tab contains tools to format the shape or picture:
S0887.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Dave,

Microsoft has produced a very interactive flash animation based site that will help guide you through the corresponding commands on the toolbar vs. the ribbon. There are additional tools and options on the page that will assist and guide you through the transition to the ribbon versions...

See here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-za/suppo ... 51541.aspx
And here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-za/outlo ... 94130.aspx
3.jpg
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Many thanks gents; I had tried the "Insert" tab and selected an arrow to insert in a word doc but found the options for increasing the size and colour of it very vague and nowhere as simple as the toolbar I showed in my initlal post. Having just followed the instruction you made and see e.g. the way to increase the width & select a colour of -such as an arrow- one needs to select the "Shape Outlione", then "Weight", then colour tabs so yet another box ticked so thanks a lot. Obviously the road to W7 enlightenment is to watch as many tutorials as possible and read whatever is available on it. Thanks for your patience Kind regards Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Another way to format a shape is to right-click it and select Format Shape... from the context menu:
S0888.png
You can then set the line style, line color etc.:
S0889.png
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Many thanks again Hans............will try that also. Regards Dave.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Just curious Hans...when I right click the arrow e.g. I don't get the same menu options as the screen shot you uploaded, !!!! See below.....Regards Dave

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm using Office 2010; perhaps you're using Office 2007?

The equivalent to the context menu option that I mentioned is Format AutoShape...
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

.......right again Hans; yep Office 2007 is the version on my computer, hense the difference. Regards Dave.