Word 2007 - available controls

diana
3StarLounger

Word 2007 - available controls

Post by diana »

Word 2007

Using a PDF form recreating into a Word form using controls.

I did this in older versions of Word and was wondering how its done in Word 2007.

A few questions:

Option buttons
If I click button Legacy Tools, the features I want are available ie option buttons.
Are option buttons available in Word 2007 controls

Option buttons & Groups
The PDF form, when option buttons are clicked, dynamically display relevant textboxes and fields. Previously this was done using Groups, and code. Is there an easier way to do this.
see screen capture.

Drop down lists
In Legacy Tools, for Drop down lists is there an easy way to set data.
In Word 2007 drop down lists can easily set properties
However to maintain standards, I’ve now have a mix of Legacy Tools functions & Word 2007 controls

I can do this, however the forms are being created by a standard user therefore for me to instruct the user preferable is the easiest and simplest method.

If I click Legacy Tools, click More Controls. Ive scrolled through the list however there doesn’t appear to be anything relevant.

I would attach the PDF file, however even when zipped the smallest file is 1.3MG , when the Lounges maximum file size allowed is 256kg.

Many thanks dd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macropod
4StarLounger

Re: Word 2007 - available controls

Post by macropod »

ActiveX controls provide both option (radio) buttons and checkboxes for Word 97 & later. Word 97 & later also have formfields, whilst Word 2007 & later also have content controls. Neither formfields nor content controls have an option (radio) button. All Word versions have the checkbox formfield; only Word 2010 and later have a checkbox content control.

Other than putting 'grouped' controls in a textbox, table cell or bookmarked range, I'm not aware of any specific grouping functionality. Alternatively, content controls can be grouped, in a sense, by title or tag.

Although it is possible to conditionally add/display form controls in Word, whatever version and control type you choose will require you to do some programming. If you put a conditionally-displayed dropdown in a textbox, it is possible to show/hide the dropdown by toggling the textbox visibility. That means a pre-populated dropdown could reside in the textbox; otherwise, you'd need to both add and populate the dropdown programmatically.
the Lounges maximum file size allowed is 256kg.
That's a weighty tome indeed... :innocent:
Paul Edstein
[Fmr MS MVP - Word]

diana
3StarLounger

Re: Word 2007 - available controls

Post by diana »

Thank you Paul

Ill take a look