Word 2013 message displays 'No apps currently available'

diana
3StarLounger

Word 2013 message displays 'No apps currently available'

Post by diana »

Im not sure if this is the correct forum or shoulbd be posted in .NET forum

Ive created a simple Word 2013 app using Microsofts example

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp142255(v=office.15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).aspx

I want to test and run the app from my local pc.

Ive done it using 2 methods:

1. specifiying my pc details
2. setting up my pc as a local host

The results are either way the message displays 'No apps currently available'.

My apps created.

I tHen Trust my app by clicking; Word, Options, click Trust Center, click Trust Center Settings...click Trusted App Catalogs
Add my catalog
which is my pc name and shared folder eg
\\<>\mysharefolder
Tick checkbox Show in Menu
Click OK, click OK
Close & reopen Word to refresh settings

I update the manifest HelloWorld.xml file update the xml to match my location eg

<SourceLocation DefaultValue="\\<>\mysharefolder\MyShare\MyManifests\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.html"/>

The results:

when Im in Word, click Insert ribbon, click My Apps, click Seel All, click Shared Folder.
The message displays 'No apps currently available'.

see screen captures.

I found the following link. They mention they got it working so follow these steps however theyve blocked out the screen details therefore you cant see the details they entered to get it working

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... sforoffice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you know how can I set this up to get a simple Word app working from my local pc to test.

At this stage I want this running & working from my local pc. I dont want to create an account for the Office store online, as its not what I need.

Many thanks, dd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Word 2013 message displays 'No apps currently available'

Post by HansV »

Sorry about the lack of replies; apparently non of us has experience with this. Did you ever find a solution?
Best wishes,
Hans

diana
3StarLounger

Post by diana »

Thanks Hans

I managed to get this working on a network share. However when I setup to run locally it fails.

The background is: the company templates are located on the local C:drive. The templates have never been placed on the network as if the network is down and unavailable people are unable to create documents.
I prefer the templates located on the local C:\drive. However the networks improved considerable and network fail over is no longer an issue.
I wanted to test and analyse both locations on the local C drive & the network.

I logged a call with Microsoft 2nd level support. They requested log files which I submitted. They discovered its related to folder redirection scripts. I've yet to catch-up with the system administrations regarding the functions of their folder re-direction scripts.

Thanks again Hans.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for the update!
Best wishes,
Hans