Word 2010 highlight/toggle button - SOLVED

Robie
5StarLounger

Word 2010 highlight/toggle button - SOLVED

Post by Robie »

EDIT: This has been sovled - please don't waste your time on this. Thanks.

Hi

I have a template that load a Company tab on the Word 2010 ribbon. All the buttons work fine on the tab (i.e. invoking various macros).

Now, I need to have a button which I can toggle on/off, i.e. it call a macro to set some switches internally to be used by other macros. I *don't* want the macro to be disabled/greyed out. I would like it to behave similar to the 'Track Changes On/Off' button except it is just *simple* toggle (no need for drop menus or anything complex).

Now, how can define my Cutom UI Editor so that this one button can seen as pressed (highlighted button) or unpressed (unhighlihted button)? Whenever we click the button it invokes a macro and toggle the state of the button.

Any help I found so far is well beyond my understanding. Perhaps, it is too complex to set up.

Thanks.
Robie.
Last edited by Robie on 04 Jun 2014, 15:10, edited 2 times in total.

Robie
5StarLounger

Re: Word 2010 highlight/toggle button - SOLVED

Post by Robie »

Robie wrote:Hi

I have a template that load a Company tab on the Word 2010 ribbon. All the buttons work fine on the tab (i.e. invoking various macros).

Now, I need to have a button which I can toggle on/off, i.e. it call a macro to set some switches internally to be used by other macros. I *don't* want the macro to be disabled/greyed out. I would like it to behave similar to the 'Track Changes On/Off' button except it is just *simple* toggle (no need for drop menus or anything complex).

Now, how can define my Cutom UI Editor so that this one button can seen as pressed (highlighted button) or unpressed (unhighlihted button)? Whenever we click the button it invokes a macro and toggle the state of the button.

Any help I found so far is well beyond my understanding. Perhaps, it is too complex to set up.

Thanks.
Robie.
This has been solved - please don't waste your time on this request. Thanks.

joshdcurry
NewLounger

Post by joshdcurry »

What was the answer to this question? I'm trying to address the same issue.

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

joshdcurry wrote:What was the answer to this question? I'm trying to address the same issue.
Let me think about this one. It was done a while ago so please bear with me. It will probably take some time to get back to you.