Making document map flush with the left end of screen?

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Making document map flush with the left end of screen?

Post by New Daddy »

The nodes in a document map are not exactly flush with the left end of the screen. It's valuable real property being wasted, especially since I want to keep the document map displayed as narrowly as possible in order to reserve as much space as possible for the adjacent body text.

Does anyone know of any way to make the document map flush with the left side of the screen? (I've tried to set a negative left indent in the Style Document Map, but the paragraph properties of the Style Document Map don't seem to have any effect.)

HansV
Administrator

Re: Making document map flush with the left end of screen?

Post by HansV »

If you're going to move to a recent version of Word, I wouldn't bother. The document map is now part of the Navigation Pane, and the 'nodes' are buttons:
S0707.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Post by New Daddy »

HansV wrote:If you're going to move to a recent version of Word, I wouldn't bother. The document map is now part of the Navigation Pane, and the 'nodes' are buttons:
S0707.png
Thanks. You're right. It looks like I shouldn't bother. The navigation pane of 2010 (or is it 2013?) looks good.

I've been trying out Word 2007, and the learning curve has been really flat. Making a choice between the nice amenities of 2013 such as the navigation pane shown here and the high productivity i've gained with 2003 over the years is anything but a slam dunk.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The screenshot is from Word 2010, but I assume it looks more or less the same in Word 2013.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

HansV wrote:The screenshot is from Word 2010, but I assume it looks more or less the same in Word 2013.
It's very similar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks, Stuart!
Best wishes,
Hans