Viewing fixed on cursor when switching revision display?

New Daddy
4StarLounger

Viewing fixed on cursor when switching revision display?

Post by New Daddy »

[Word 2003]

Is it possible to make Word fix the viewing around the active cursor when the display is switched between marked-up view and final view? I keep the smart cursor off, so the active cursor stays put when I switch between the marked-up view and final view. But Word still shifts the pages when the revisions are turned on.

I think Word's algorithm is to start with the same contents from the top of the screen as before the revision. But if it so happens that there was a lot of deletion between the top of the screen and the current active cursor, the active cursor will be pushed back by the deleted texts now taking place between the top of the screen and the active cursor. Some people may prefer this, but I don't. I want the active cursor to stay where it is (by keeping the smart cursor turned off) and remain visible at the same part of the screen, regardless of whether I have the revision mark-ups displayed or not.

Is there a fix for this?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Viewing fixed on cursor when switching revision display?

Post by HansV »

I don't think there is, but if someone else knows of a solution, I'd love to hear about it.
Best wishes,
Hans