Bullets and Numbering (2010)

Robie
5StarLounger

Bullets and Numbering (2010)

Post by Robie »

Is it possible to control the indent and (bullet/number format) when the using the bullets and numbers in a document? By that I mean, the user creates a list of bullets or numbered list using the toolbar options.

I would prefer it to be properly indented but it all comes up haphazard.
25.png
Thanks.
Robie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Bullets and Numbering (2010)

Post by HansV »

Try the multi-level list button. If you wish, you can create a new multi-level list; make sure that you work your way down the list to the deepest level that you want to use before closing the dialog.

Even better: use bulleted or numbered paragraph styles, and set the indents correctly in the style definitions.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:Try the multi-level list button. If you wish, you can create a new multi-level list; make sure that you work your way down the list to the deepest level that you want to use before closing the dialog.

Even better: use bulleted or numbered paragraph styles, and set the indents correctly in the style definitions.
Thanks Hans.

Will try the nulti-level list button. I could set these up same as List Bullet/Number, etc.

Also, by 'use bulleted or numbered paragraph styles' - do you mean use List Bullet, List Bullet 2, List Bullet 3 and then List Number, List Number 2 and List Number 3? We only have three levels of listing (bullets or number).

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can either use the built-in styles List Bullet, List Number etc., or create your own.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:You can either use the built-in styles List Bullet, List Number etc., or create your own.
Thanks.

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

Sorry Hans, quick question.

How can apply the same 'settings' as the multi-list to List Number, List Number 2, List Number 3, etc.? I thought it was simple but doesn't seem to be.

What I mean is that List Number, for example, does not restart the numbers as using the multilist level.
Last edited by Robie on 29 May 2012, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can associate each level of a multi-level-list with a style: click More>> to display the "Link level to style" dropdown.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:You can associate each level of a multi-level-list with a style: click More>> to display the "Link level to style" dropdown.
Thanks Hans.

Is there any way to delete the 'Lists' (either multilevel or standard) in the template. I have managed to create quite a few while trying to create a proper one. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow me to delete any - just save in the 'List library' :-(.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Right-click a list template and select "Remove from List Library" from the context menu.
S006.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

I have set up Multilevel list and linked List Number styles to it. Now, when I use these in the document, I get the following.
26.png
Should they not restart at 1 after Normal or any non-List Number paragraphs?

Is there any way of setting these up so that they start at 1?
Thanks.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, multi-level list numbering restarts after a higher-level paragraph, not after a non-numbered paragraph. For example, level 3 numbering restarts at 1 (or i or I or a or A) after a level 2 or level 1 paragraph.
You can right-click a numbered paragraph and select "Restart at 1" (or i ...) to restart numbering.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:No, multi-level list numbering restarts after a higher-level paragraph, not after a non-numbered paragraph. For example, level 3 numbering restarts at 1 (or i or I or a or A) after a level 2 or level 1 paragraph.
You can right-click a numbered paragraph and select "Restart at 1" (or i ...) to restart numbering.
Thanks Has. I thought I was going mad and had not set it all up correctly.
It's a pity it doesn't restart. :sad: