Word 2010 Mail-Merge Extraneous Pages at End

PaulW
2StarLounger

Word 2010 Mail-Merge Extraneous Pages at End

Post by PaulW »

I want to thank you guys for the assistance I have received so far on this project.

I have cleaned up the code, gotten rid of the extra merge fields used for debugging and now for my final (I hope problem). When I Do a "Finish and Merge" using the "Edit Individual Documents" and say to merge "all" records as opposed to "print all documents" selection the address lines that are blank don't leave a blank line in the letter, but now I have extraneous "Section Break (next Page)" blank pages at the end of the document. I believe that there are the same number of blanks as the number of letters generated.
I have, in the attached zip folder, an Excel file with 5 records. These five records create seven letters. When it finishes it says that I have 13 pages.

I hope you can help me again.
TIA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulW
Lost Wages, NV USA
(former Cobol Programmer)

macropod
4StarLounger

Re: Word 2010 Mail-Merge Extraneous Pages at End

Post by macropod »

Hi Paul,

The problem is caused by having a number of active, but empty rows below your last data row. If you delete rows 7-12, then save the workbook, your mailmerge will then terminate at row 6.
Paul Edstein
[Fmr MS MVP - Word]

PaulW
2StarLounger

Re: Word 2010 Mail-Merge Extraneous Pages at End

Post by PaulW »

Hi ,Paul,

Thanks for the input. I don't know how I mangled that, but your solution worked.

When we re-queried the Access table and got a new Excel extract it worked fine.
PaulW
Lost Wages, NV USA
(former Cobol Programmer)