Help for Office Apps on iPhone

BobH
UraniumLounger

Help for Office Apps on iPhone

Post by BobH »

Does anyone else use Office apps on their smartphone? I have begun to use Word and Excel on my iPhone. I'm having the devil's own time learning how to navigate properly. I found a web page by Microsoft that was helpful, but I'm still experiencing problems that page does not address. The most bothersome is not being able to get at the ribbon in order to get at the menu options. I get a ribbon, but it does not have the INSERT, et al options listed on it. In the use I'm making of Excel, I sometimes need to add a row above or below the row that is active. I think that I must have an option in the ribbon for INSERT that will ask what is to be inserted, but it does not appear. No amount of double tapping has produced results.

I'm not so much looking for an answer as looking for a web page that I can refer to when needed. As I said, the one I found Excel for iPhone Help helps a bit but navigating it is a bit of a challenge and it seems to be missing things I need. The Search function searches all of MS's pages as near as I can tell when what I need is to be able to search for help on Excel for smartphones.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Help fof Office Apps on iPhone

Post by Rudi »

You could try this tutorial available from the App Store? I have not looked into it, personally, but it looks promising... I know GCF LearnFree as a great place for free online learning, and I have mentioned this site in a number of posts here before. I can't say I've looked into their mobile tutorial offering, but if their PC tutorials are good, I trust their mobile tutorials should follow suit.

Here is another tutorial on offer...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Help for Office Apps on iPhone

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Rudi!!

I quit looking too quickly in the App Store. Those there should do nicely.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs