Office 2003

weese237
2StarLounger

Office 2003

Post by weese237 »

Hello, I've installed Office 2003 on my new Windows 10 laptop. I have the bright pink background on the office assistants again and remembered that I need to install msagent2.exe.
The problem is that windows 10 is giving me an error every time I try to install:

"Windows Update Standalone Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002 The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found"

I can't move on from that. I really enjoy the assistants but I can't stand the pink. Everything else is working fine. I don't have the service packs,maybe there's a fix in that. I will look to see if I can download them from a reliable source.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Louise     :smile:

HansV
Administrator

Re: Office 2003

Post by HansV »

Microsoft Agent hasn't been supported since Windows 7. There is a hotfix to install it on Windows 7, but from what I read it won't even install on Windows 8, so I assume it won't work on Windows 10 either. I fear that you're out of luck, unless someone else knows of a trick to get around the error message.
Best wishes,
Hans

weese237
2StarLounger

Re: Office 2003

Post by weese237 »

I had a feeling this would be the case. I've been all over the web looking for an answer but couldn't find anything. I'll probably delete it and install office 10 instead.

Thanks!
Louise     :smile: