Product Key Code Question

sobershea
2StarLounger

Product Key Code Question

Post by sobershea »

I have an old Small Business edition of Office 2007. I have a friend who can't find her product key after a clean install. My discs are not installed anywhere (I use 2010), so can she use my product key code? Her version was preloaded on her PC and is probably the Home edition.

TIA
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Re: Product Key Code Question

Post by HansV »

Yes, if you never used the key of your Small Business Edition, your friend should be able to use it without problems.
Best wishes,
Hans

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

Hello Hans, I did use it a long time ago. But it hasn't been installed on any PC for years. My concern is that her edition is the Home Premium and this key code is for Small Business.

Thank you for the quick response. You know how panicky one can get when everything hits the fan!!
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It's at least worth a try.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I don't know if it is put there when the software is installed or if it is put there when the Product Code Key is entered, but that code resides on your computer and can be made visible by running BelArc Advisor. It might be worth a try to run it (it's a free download) and run it to see if there is a key value already on your friend's machine.

It won't cost you anything but a little time.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

BobH wrote:I don't know if it is put there when the software is installed or if it is put there when the Product Code Key is entered, but that code resides on your computer and can be made visible by running BelArc Advisor. It might be worth a try to run it (it's a free download) and run it to see if there is a key value already on your friend's machine.

It won't cost you anything but a little time.
BobH, She already tried BelArc and it came up with a number that Office didn't like. :scratch:

Thank you,
Sherry

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

HansV wrote:It's at least worth a try.
UGH!! It didn't work! She got the "incorrect key code" message. I will have to mail her the CDs. Thanks for your help.
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That's too bad. Sorry!
Best wishes,
Hans