Not a Genuine Copy

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

Not a Genuine Copy

Post by CharliesDaughter »

I have recently been experiencing a window popping up when I load two programs (although I have all Office Programes) - Word and Exel. I am using Office XP Pro 2002 SP3. It tells me I do not have a Genuine copy of tha software. However, our copy is genuine and it does not happen with Access, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Not a Genuine Copy

Post by HansV »

I'd contact Microsoft. From what I've heard, they're pretty reasonable in situations like this. They'll probably have you do some diagnostics, then propose a solution.
Best wishes,
Hans

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

CharliesDaugher wrote:Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix?
Yes, for the last few weeks in Excel, it's very annoying! I currently have an extra toolbar telling me so, along with an annoying start-up prompt.
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There are ways to disable Office Genuine Advantage (search Google for disable OGA) but that doesn't take away the problem, it just hides it.

Contacting Microsoft is the best solution, but unfortunately that's not very easy outside the USA (and perhaps Canada).
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisJakarta
StarLounger

Post by ChrisJakarta »

HansV wrote:Contacting Microsoft is the best solution, but unfortunately that's not very easy outside the USA (and perhaps Canada).
Hans,

Obviously I can't speak for most countries, but (perhaps surprisingly) my experience with Microsoft' in Indonesia over such problems has been hassle-free. For example, I had to reinstall Windows XP Home with the original CD SP1, but with the key lost (those stickers sometimes don't for long), they very quickly provided me with a new key for SP2 over the phone.

Chris

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

ChrisJakarta wrote:my experience with Microsoft' in Indonesia over such problems has been hassle-free.
Thanks, Chris. It's good to hear that!
Best wishes,
Hans