Purchase Of Office Professional 2010

HansV
Administrator

Re: Purchase Of Office Professional 2010

Post by HansV »

There is the Outlook 2013 Todo Pane Addin. You can try it out for free, but you'll have to pay if you want to keep it.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks I'll look into that soon.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Trying to find the Help - About for my Outlook and ran into this on the WEB

It is still in the top right corner but now next to the Window handler icons.
From the top right to the left the order is:

Close button, Normal/Maximize, Minimize, Ribbon Control, Help

But it did me no good. I still can't find the Help About. I can open Help by clicking the question mark toward the right side top of Outlook but see no About. How do I find it?
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Click File > Office Account. You'll see 'About Outlook' on the right hand side.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks again. Now I'll return and try to figure out that Todo Pane Addin which is what made me try to find the version of office that was installed on my machine.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I have looked at a few articles about trying to get Outlook 2013 appointment calendar to be more like Outlook 2010's was. There seems to be problems associated with most every thing I read. I found this one https://outlook2013addin.codeplex.com/ and so far have not found anything describing problems with it except to install it correctly. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with it and if you may have any positive or negative feedback. I do not like the way Outlook 2013 handles the appointments but I'd rather not install anything that will cause me more problems.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I would recommend taking a few weeks to get used to the way things are done in the Office 2013 applications. Sometimes a new or changed feature irritates at first, but after a few weeks, you find that it doesn't bother you any more. If you start installing add-ins that modify the applications' behavior immediately, you never get the chance to appreciate the 'native' behavior.

If you still have things you don't like in a month or so, you could try out add-ins that provide a retro look-and-feel.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Probably a good idea. There are a lot of complaints about this issue on the NET. Wish MS would take that to heart and issue a fix.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Before I make a fool of myself by contacting Microsoft I was wondering if anyone here may know the answer. I purchase the Office 365 Home Premium, as you can see from the bottom quote. I read the first quote you see here that mentions, in my opinion, that I should have gotten 20 gig of storage per user for up to 5 users on OneDrive. I just checked the OneDrive I have had with the Hotmail account and passport account associated with this purchase and saw that I have only 7 Gig of OneDrive space. The first quote is from MS site where I purchased the 1 year, renewable subscription and the second quote is from MS’s confirmation order that was emailed to me. From what you can see from the quotes below do you think I should be receiving that 20 Gig OneDrive space?

“Premium subscription benefits
In addition to 20 GB of OneDrive online storage per user (for up to 5 users), your subscription includes other services, like 60 Skype minutes per month to call mobiles in 8 countries and landlines in 60+ countries, and tech support at no extra charge.
Office 365 services are being improved all the time and you get the latest improvements automatically with your subscription.”

“Office 365 Home - Thanks for purchasing 12-month subscription to Office 365 Home Premium. Your credit card will now be charged. At the end of your term, your subscription will automatically renew and you’ll be charged the then-current price (subject to change) unless you cancel before the renewal date.
You can manage your subscription at http://www.Office.com/myaccount" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.”
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You should get the 20 GB extra; in fact, it should soon be expanded to 1 TB (terabyte) - see Massive increase to OneDrive storage plans: 15 GB free for everyone, 1 TB for Office 365 subscribers.
You should get the extra storage space once your free trial has expired and the paid subscription begins. If your free trial has expired and you still don't have the extra storage, you'll need to contact Microsoft, but be prepared for a frustrating experience...
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks Hans, I thought so. After I read this I contacted MS and found this out. Believe me I tried to avoid this confusion when ordering. I even stopped the order process on line and called them trying to avoid what I was sure would be a problem. Last winter when I purchased a year's worth of MS support they had my gmail account associated with that order. When I got so far on line when trying to purchase Office 365 the site popped up with my credit card information along with that gmail account. That is when I called and the girl told me it would be no problem to receive the receipt for Office 365 through the gmail account but my fear came true. The order for Office 365 was associated with that gmail account even though I had to sign in through my Hotmail or passport account to install it. So now a second level support technician has to try to straighten everything out to get my additional OneDrive storage associated with my passport account. They are supposed to call me on this coming Monday to do that. Hopefully all goes well and then I should also get that 1 TB as well.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Well apparently they have fixed my problem because today I have the 27 Gig storage on OneDrive. As of yet I don't have the 1 TB but it will probably come soon.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Good to hear that! The 1 TB should be rolled out sometime during the next few weeks.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks for that information. To be honest I don't think I would have ever used the 7 Gig. I had but I guess it is good to get what you pay for. Microsoft's technician is supposed to call me early tomorrow morning but I have no idea why since it is already fixed. Maybe it is just to clarify that the two different email address are straightened out.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

That was quick. I checked today and already have the 1 TB OneDrive space.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Congratulations! :thumbup:

You should be able to store a document or two in the cloud now...
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

HansV wrote:You should be able to store a document or two in the cloud now...
rephrase: ...a million or two... :fanfare:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:Congratulations! :thumbup:

You should be able to store a document or two in the cloud now...
Yep but I can't take that many photos of my belongings in my lifetime, I don't believe. So far that is all I have stored on OneDrive and that is only for insurance purposes in case of a catastrophe.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Does Office 365 let you know when it is updating? I am always on line but have yet to see Office saying it is updating.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Take a look at File > Account in Word or Excel - it should provide info about the update settings.
Best wishes,
Hans