Changing Office licence

Amelia43
StarLounger

Changing Office licence

Post by Amelia43 »

I have a genuine copy of Office 2010 (Windows version) on my iMac which is running both Mac OS and Windows on separate partitions. This copy of Office was reinstalled three times after system reinstallations in the past, and on a laptop which I gave to a grandchild. I recently bought a new laptop, and activated this copy of Office with no problems. However I have run out of activations. I installed Parallels on my iMac, and when I attempt to use Office via Bootcamp, I am told that I have exceeded the allowed number of activations.
I can purchase a greatly reduced genuine copy of Office through my university, and would like to install it on the Windows partition to use in Bootcamp, and am happy to pay for the new licence. However, is there a non-destructive way to install the new licence, without uninstalling and reinstalling Office, or more simply change the licence to the new one? I know I can ring Microsoft and ask for a further activation of the existing licence, but for a small expenditure I can start afresh with a new licence.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Dianne

HansV
Administrator

Re: Changing Office licence

Post by HansV »

Activate the Add/Remove Programs or Programs & Features control panel (depending on the Windows version on your Mac)
Select Microsoft Office 2010.
Click Change.
Click Enter a product key.
Click Continue.
x1195.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Amelia43
StarLounger

Post by Amelia43 »

Thank you Hans. Once again, the speed of your response is of Olympian standard (of the gold medal variety) , and I am having a "why didn't I think of that" moment.
All the best
Dianne

Amelia43
StarLounger

Post by Amelia43 »

For mysterious reasons known only to the angry gods of computing, it didn't turn out to work "as advertised"- the new key was unable to be recognised, and I was instructed to repair Office, which I did twice. I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall Office- luckily all went smoothly, with various Office add-ins all intact, and the pst file automatically found-whew!
Probably something quirky about my set-up...
Dianne

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm glad you did manage it in the end.
Best wishes,
Hans

Amelia43
StarLounger

Post by Amelia43 »