Office Professional Plus 2010

BobH
UraniumLounger

Office Professional Plus 2010

Post by BobH »

We just got a copy of this MS Office version thru a volume licensing arrangement where my wife works.

I had a little trouble getting it installed because neither her Help Desk nor the folks at MS who shipped the CD managed to send us a product key. After going round in circles with the Microsoft web pages, I finally stumbled over a toll-free number to call. That number was not the right one but after 3 transfers and one cut off, I managed to get a call back number where the CSR could not have been more helpful, friendly and capable. My only disappointment was that it took so long - and so many false starts - to find him.

(I post this in case anyone else has suffered the same. PM me and I'll send you the phone number that worked for me.)

Now that I have it installed, I'm trying to use it and stumbling at every corner. It's not that the new implementation is not better because it is very much better. The problem is that I'm having to unlearn about 15 years of habit acquired using other versions.

Can someone please suggest a good tutorial or article for Office 2010? I could set preferences in older versions of Office that would be set for each app and upon the next opening they would persist. I can't seem to find a way to do this (yet) in 2010. It is this sort of thing that's getting me a bit round the bend.

TIA
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Office Professional Plus 2010

Post by HansV »

To set preferences in any Office 2010 application, select File | Options.

Microsoft has a series of guides that help you find commands in Office 2010 applications: Learn where menu and toolbar commands are in Office 2010 and related products. The guides can be viewed in your browser, but if you prefer to install them on your PC, you can download them from 2010 Interactive menu to ribbon guide.

There are add-ins for Word, Excel and PowerPoint that let you search for commands: Office Labs: Search Commands.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Office Professional Plus 2010

Post by BobH »

Thank you, Hans!

That seems to be just what I need. With these pointers and a lot more use, my fingers will probably stop doing things I didn't consciously tell them to do.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs