Push email in iPod

cisy
StarLounger

Push email in iPod

Post by cisy »

I have jailbroken my iPod Touch (2nd gen) and changed the com.apple.mobilemail.plist hoping that it will help push emails to my iPod more frequently (less than the 15 min mark). However, I have noticed that even with the change to 60 (from 900), my iPod is still checking emails every 15 mins. I am wondering if anyone knows how to solve that problem?

Thanks

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Re: Push email in iPod

Post by Skitterbug »

cisy wrote:I have jailbroken my iPod Touch (2nd gen) and changed the com.apple.mobilemail.plist hoping that it will help push emails to my iPod more frequently (less than the 15 min mark). However, I have noticed that even with the change to 60 (from 900), my iPod is still checking emails every 15 mins. I am wondering if anyone knows how to solve that problem?

Thanks
I don't have an ipod but an iPhone. But my suggestion would be to turn off the "push feature" for email and then check it manually when you want to see if you have any new messages?

I don't like the "push" feature for anything. I'd rather have the equipment respond when I ask, not when it wants to. :laugh:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

cisy
StarLounger

Post by cisy »

My reason of using push email, not sure if it is correct, is to force my iPod checking msg every few minutes automatically. By doing so, it will keep my device avoid from the time-out problem. Is there a way or an app that can do that?

Thanks

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

cisy wrote:My reason of using push email, not sure if it is correct, is to force my iPod checking msg every few minutes automatically. By doing so, it will keep my device avoid from the time-out problem. Is there a way or an app that can do that?

Thanks
Not exactly sure what you mean by your device timing out. Here is a link that maybe will contain answers to your problem? There are also forums for discussion of Apple products. Maybe someone there could help you? My son-in-law has an ipod but I haven't heard that he's had any trouble with his. If I find out anything more, I'll sure be glad to post it here. :smile: And maybe someone else here may have the answer you are seeking!

cisy
StarLounger

Post by cisy »

Sorry I did not make it clear. My iPod is connected to the school's WiFi hotspot but our school has set a very short timeout period. So if I don't keep checking my emails, I will get logged off from the school's wireless network.

Thanks

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

cisy wrote:Sorry I did not make it clear. My iPod is connected to the school's WiFi hotspot but our school has set a very short timeout period. So if I don't keep checking my emails, I will get logged off from the school's wireless network.

Thanks
Ah, now I understand. :smile: Not sure how to maintain connection then, except by how you are doing it currently. If I spot an app, I'll post the link! :smile: