Unusual Color

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Unusual Color

Post by Bigaldoc »

This is a comment only. I've already fixed the "problem" and I only post it for the interest of a possible passerby.

A few weeks ago I showed folks on Facebook how they can make their Firefox browser show a pink background during October which was Breast Cancer Awareness month. Everyone was posting all this pink stuff and I answered someone's question about "making Facebook pink."

As a sample, I went to my Firefox colors in Options and un-ticked the normal box to let web sites use their colors. I then chose a light shade of pink. After doing that I made a small screen clip to show what it would look like - see attached. Immediately afterward, I changed MY Fx back to its original condition. All well and good... no problems with Fx.

BUT, somehow Win XP has that pink stuck in its craw somewhere and every once in awhile a quick flash of a pink screen pops up. I hope I just "fixed" XP's memory by doing the routine again, this time using a white background. There must (probably) be somewhere in the registry that XP has buried that color. Strange stuff...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Unusual Color

Post by Bigaldoc »

Nope. Either I didn't get it all or it's taking XP awhile to "forget!"

I was just running IE to check on Windows Update to see if my Outlook has been updated recently. It has - SP1 on October 18 according to my history.

But as I was doing that, the sneaky pink is there in IE too. Lower left corner, just barely visible. Oh well...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.