Rebuilt System

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Rebuilt System

Post by hlewton »

My laptop has recently been rebuilt as far as the software is concerned by reloading Windows XP Home Edition on it and all the drivers necessary just like it was when originally purchased. This was a reloading using the OS disks, driver disks, etc, and not a restore as many laptops employ. Now every Internet site I visit wants to run "The following add on: Adobe Flash Player." I don't ever recall having to run this add on at every site before. To make matters even worse some sites wants to run it twice upon initial visit. Is there something wrong that can be corrected or should this now be expected for some reason?

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Rebuilt System

Post by HansV »

Go to Tools | Manage Add-Ons in your browser.
Right-click Shockwave Flash Object.
Click More Information.
Make sure that it is allowed for all sites, by entering an asterisk * in the box.
(This is for Internet Explorer)
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I don't think this conflicts with what Hans just posted. (He's FAST!)

I've not heard of this one happening either. The key question is: do you have Flash Player installed? I keep it updated on both Firefox and IE since I use both browsers.

Hans posted the latest update here: Update: Adobe flash Player 10.3.181.14

To check which version you have installed, go here: Adobe - Flash Player

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thank you both. I will check it out. To answer Al I'm not at all sure if it is installed but I'll try to see in my list under the controls panel's list of installed programs.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

OK I checked and I do, in fact, have the latest version installed on my machine and now I have that * Hans mentioned so hopefully my problem is solved. Again, thank you both.
Regards,
hlewton