2007 updates

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

2007 updates

Post by Dave Davison »

I got a prompt this morning saying there were some important updates ready for my computer but they are all for M O 2007, seeing I am still using the ancient XP am I right in assuming these are irrelevant for my O S or is it expedient to download them please. Thanks Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: 2007 updates

Post by HansV »

Have you installed the "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats"? This lets you open files in the new Office 2007 format (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx) in your Office XP programs.
You can check whether it is installed in the Add or Remove Programs control panel - it will be listed as "Compatibility pack for the Office 2007 system".
addremove_programs.gif
If you have this compatibility pack, you will also receive updates for Office 2007, and you should install them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Dave Davison wrote:they are all for M O 2007, seeing I am still using the ancient XP
Don't confuse updates for Office 2007 (an application / software that lets you do stuff on your PC) with XP (the operating system / software the PC needs before it can run applications).

As Hans said, if you have installed the viewers that enable you to access docs in the new Office 2007 file formats, then you will be offered updates for Office 2007 and you should install them.

Ken

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks gents, yes I do have C P for 2007 so will do as advised & accept the updates. Regards Dave.