Media Player

cecil
StarLounger

Media Player

Post by cecil »

I ripped some audio (books on CD). I would like them in a separate library, other than music. I cannot find a way to create a new library in Windows Media Player. I downloaded VLC and could not find how to do it there either. When Windoze tried to get smart, did they get stupid or did I? Can I add other libraries to the Windows Media Player?

Thanks.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Media Player

Post by HansV »

No, you can't. Even if you create a nw library in Windows Explorer (which is certainly possible), you won't see it in Windows Media Player Library.
See I just want to add a new Library to Windows Media Player 12:
It is by design that a new library cannot be added to Windows Media Player as Windows Explorer does.
You can create a new subcategory within the Music library (Organize > Manage Libraries > Music).
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

cecil wrote:I ripped some audio (books on CD). I would like them in a separate library, other than music...
I am no doubt way out of line here with regards to Hans' response and so to Hans, I apologize in advance. Having said that, here are my :2cents: :hairout:

I store all my music on a separate physical drive as I do not want to clutter up my system drive. I then imported them into WMP. And yes, they appear as if they are in the Music folder but are not physically stored there.

Again, I apologize if I misunderstood your need, and loud apologizes to The Master.
RRAWMP1.gif
RRAWMP3.gif
RRAWMP2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Bob,

No need to apologize! Your reply is a perfect accompaniment to mine - you show in excellent detail how to add locations to the Music library.
That doesn't contradict my statement that you cannot create a new library (other than Playlists, Music, Videos, Pictures, etc.) in Windows Media Player.
Best wishes,
Hans

cecil
StarLounger

Post by cecil »

Thanks Bob.
Generally I don't store any data on the systems drive. That makes backup/disaster recovery easier, as well as what you state about a clean approach to organization.

What I did was create a new folder and moved the audio books to the new folder. I then deleted the audio books from the library. I can still drop them into media player to play them. This keeps me happy, since I will only listen to the audio books two, three, perhaps four times (they are motivational in nature) before they are no longer used. I changed some settings in the Media Player options as well.