defraggler confused?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

defraggler confused?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

64-bit Windows 7 Home premium, Defraggler 1.12.152.

I'm not a big fan of defragmenting at all, at all, and possibly this is a 32-bit Defraggler trying to understand a 64-bit system, but imagine my surprise yesterday evening...
SysVolumeSize.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

HansV
Administrator

Re: defraggler confused?

Post by HansV »

System Volume Information is the folder containing system restore points. It's out of bounds for normal use, so Defraggler in all probability doesn't try to defragment it; moreover there's little point in defragmenting it, since it's not a folder you use regularly (I hope).
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Does a 17 GB System Volume Information file surprise you? Have you tried TreeSize Free run as Administrator to check on the restore point sizes? What percentage have you set (or left to default) in System Protection for that disk?
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:Does a 17 GB System Volume Information file surprise you? Have you tried TreeSize Free run as Administrator to check on the restore point sizes? What percentage have you set (or left to default) in System Protection for that disk?
Yes, no, and don't know, respectively (and respectfully!).

I've been using SpaceSniffer, and plan on continuing its use until my music MP3 files exceed 50% of my hard drive, at which point I'll relax.

I have it set at 44%, but I think that was from months ago when I was experimenting with restore points and backups.
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

HansV wrote:It's out of bounds for normal use, so Defraggler in all probability doesn't try to defragment it; moreover there's little point in defragmenting it, since it's not a folder you use regularly (I hope).
But just because the address is a certain folder fragments could be stored just about anywhere on the drive.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.