Editing a jpg in Windows Live Photo Gallery

jmt356
SilverLounger

Editing a jpg in Windows Live Photo Gallery

Post by jmt356 »

I opened a jpg with Windows Live Photo Gallery and want to crop it and make some other edits. I believe in Windows 7 Home Basic, there is a "Fix" button on the top menu or something similar. However, in Windows Live Photo Gallery installed on my current computer running Windows 7 Home Premium, there is only an Edit, Organize, or Share button. When I click that, the layout of Windows Live Photo Gallery changes and the jpg disappears. Instead, I get a collection of images organized under 2 categories: "January 2012" and "February 2012." I can't find a way in the new layout to open up the image I was working on or to edit it. How can this be done?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Editing a jpg in Windows Live Photo Gallery

Post by HansV »

When I double-click a picture in Windows Live Photo Gallery, the editing options, including Crop, are in the Adjustments section of the ribbon:
x997.png
These tools aren't available if I simply select the picture, I have to double-click it.

PS I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I open the file by right clicking it in Word and then selecting "Open with ..." and selecting Windows Live Photo Gallery.

The Window that appears has limited functionality. I have to press Edit, orgaize or share for the full version of Windows Live Photo Gallery to launch, but then I can no longer find the picture anywhere. Is there an open dialogue in Windows Live Photo Photo Gallery?

I see a tree view on the left, but this is problematic for 2 reasons:
- It takes a long time to click through all the subfolders with the mouse until I reach the file (I find navigating through Word's Open dialogue much faster because of all the keyboard shortcuts); and
- Only My Pictures adn My Videos appaer in the tree view. I cannot access pictures in My Documents.
Last edited by jmt356 on 14 Mar 2012, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Right-click in Word? :scratch:
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Perhaps a diferent program would suit your purpose better. You might try FastStone Image Viewer (free). If you make it the default program for .jpg, you can double-click images in Windows Explorer to view and edit them.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

There is no open dialoguein Windows Live Photo Gallery?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, not as far as I know.
Best wishes,
Hans