Printing photos in Win 7?

johbot
2StarLounger

Printing photos in Win 7?

Post by johbot »

I want to print photos and / or .jpg images that I have created in postcard size. I want to print 4 on an A4 sheet. But I don't want white borders around my images. I want to make the maximun use of the paper so that when I cut them up into individual images they are the biggest they can be.

So how do I do that? If I want to print one on an A4 page, there is little white space in the print preview. But as soon as I select that I want the same image 4 times on the page, there is a lot of white space.

Can you help?

Johanna

Leif
Administrator

Re: Printing photos in Win 7?

Post by Leif »

I assume you are referring to the 'native' W7 print? Note that selecting "Fit picture to frame" reduces the white margins slightly:
x.jpg
The only solution I can think of is to load them into Word and size and scale to suit:
y.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

johbot
2StarLounger

Post by johbot »

Thank Leif,

I guess, using your method, that you will still have some page margins?

Johanna

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

johbot wrote:I guess, using your method, that you will still have some page margins?
I suspect that this is entirely down to your printer and whether or not it allows borderless printing.

If you do have one, make sure it and the 'borderless print' option are selected when using Word, otherwise Word may object to your margin settings!
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Most printers have non-printable borders around the paper. For example, if I set the margins to 0 cm in Word, it corrects them to a little over 0.4 cm:
S00043.png
As Leif mentions, some printers have a setting for borderless printing - check your printer settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

johbot
2StarLounger

Post by johbot »

Thank you Leif and Hans,

While I was waiting for a response, I played with Pagemaker and was able to do what I wanted in that. Not quite borderless, but close. So a very similar outcome to your Word suggestions.

Thank you,

Johanna