My Pictures shows random folders I wish to remove

jmt356
SilverLounger

My Pictures shows random folders I wish to remove

Post by jmt356 »

In Windows 7 Home Edition Premium, when I open My Pictures, I get a window with three sections, each with its own subfolders: My Pictures, Public Pictures, and a random folder from My Documents. I want to remove the latter, but the only way that I know to do so is to delete all of the subfolders. However, this appears to cause the folders to also be deleted from My Documents. Is there an other way to remove it?
Regards,

JMT

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: My Pictures shows random folders I wish to remove

Post by Argus »

The folder: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures

I.e. "My Pictures" should by default not contain any folders; it's the picture folder of your user account.

You are probably talking about the Pictures library; by default it includes the logged in user’s picture folder, abovementioned, and the Public Pictures on the PC (C:\Users\Public\Pictures).

It’s possible to add and remove folders to the library view.

You can see the included folders by clicking on the link at the top of the folder, under the title Pictures library, "Includes: ## locations" (## number of locations). And if you don't want a folder to be included in the library use "Remove" from inside the "Pictures Library Locations" dialogue box.

See:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -questions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

It appears from your description that you are really opening the Library named "Pictures". If that is what you are doing you can right click on any folder that appears in a Library and select "Remove location from Library". The folder will remain intact but not show up as part of the library.

Joe
Joe

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Argus: you are correct.

I was looking in Libraries > Pictures rather than C > > My Pictures. I was able to remove the folders in Libraries > Pictures following your instructions.
Regards,

JMT

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

For some reason I am no longer able to find "Remove location from Library" when right clicking a folder in Libraries > Pictures. Is there some other way to remove a folder?

Is there a way to configure the Pictures Library to only contain the pictures in My Pictures? I don't know how all of these other pictures are making there way into the PIctures Library.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Have you tried right-clicking the folder in the folder tree on the left hand side of Windows Explorer? For me, the "Remove location from Library" appears there, but not when I right-click a folder in the folders and files pane on the right hand side.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Yes; it is there in the tree when I maximise Pictures in Libraries. Thank you.
Regards,

JMT