Windows Updates

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Windows Updates

Post by Bigaldoc »

I have Win 7 Pro (32) on my desktop and Home Premium (64) on the laptop. I still usually run XP, so my Win 7 only gets used 2 or 3 times per week. Consequently, whenever I boot Win 7 I run an MSE update manually and check Windows Updates.

I haven't had a "security" update or anything other than MSE since 11 January. Is that the experience of others or might I have a need to do more checking?

It just seems strange to me that there haven't been any "problems" with Win 7 for a month.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows Updates

Post by HansV »

Security updates are released on the 2nd Tuesday of the month (at 12 PM Pacific Time), so the next release will be on the 14th of February.
When there are urgent problems, there may be an interim release on the 4th Tuesday of the month; there was no interim release in January of this year.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Also, if you use Windows Update first you'll likely see "security" udpates for MSE which are really definition updates. If you use MSE to update definitions first you are unlikely to see anything related to MSE in Windows Update unless there really is a patch to the program itself.

Joe
Joe

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Hi Al,
I'm running Windows 7 (HP) x64 - The last updates I had were, as you, on 11th Jan (there were 4 x security updates and the malice software removal tool - all five were for x64).
Regards,
Regards,
Keith

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks to all...