Windows Explorer Doesn't Refresh

Carol W.
3StarLounger

Windows Explorer Doesn't Refresh

Post by Carol W. »

I am responsible for a remote Win 7 Home Premium machine (64 bit). I have noticed that deleting files in various folders doesn’t always refresh the window unless I press F5 after I delete the file.

I “Googled” this issue and found many Win 7 users who have experienced the problem but no definite solution. I sporadically experience the same issue on my own (new, as in three week old) Win 7 64 bit machine.

Since I trust the gurus on this board, I’m wondering if anyone has found a solution / patch that can be applied to Win 7. Pressing F5 every time I delete a file is really unacceptable. You would think Microsoft would have gotten it right by now. :evilgrin:

Thanks in advance.
Carol W.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Windows Explorer Doesn't Refresh

Post by HansV »

I have exactly the same problem in Windows 7 Home Premium at home. It doesn't occur in Windows 7 Enterprise at work.
I have tried several of the suggestions I found, but none helped, so I have resigned myself to pressing F5...
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Me too.
StuartR

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Not me!
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Carol W.
3StarLounger

Post by Carol W. »

Thanks for the replies.

I also have remote access to a Win 7 Professional machine. Windows Explorer refresh works properly on that version of the OS. No need to press F5. Apparently, it's only the Home Premium version that has the issue.
Carol W.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Carol, I have Home Premium 64 on my laptop and I just tested deleting a number of files, both local and from my desktop on the LAN. The screen refreshes almost immediately in both examples.

I don't pretend to know what the answer is, however I wonder if, by "remote," you mean some kind of remote control software?

Carol W.
3StarLounger

Post by Carol W. »

By "remote" I mean that I use LogMeIn (or, in some cases, GoToMyPc) to access the machines in other locations.

However, the issue happens on my own (new) Win 7 Home Premium machine so I don't think that the remote factor plays into the issue.

Thanks for the reply.
Carol W.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I have two PCs running Windows 7 Enterprise. One of them has this problem and the other does not.
StuartR