Shortcuts To Pinned Icons

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Shortcuts To Pinned Icons

Post by Bigaldoc »

If this has been discussed before I can't find it.

I just discovered by accident that the items pinned to the Taskbar will execute with Win-Shift-1 and so on up. I already use some of those for other shortcuts.

Is there a place where that can be turned off? The fact that it's already pinned makes a shortcut a bit unnecessary. If not, I'll have to "re-program" my Clavier+ shortcuts.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Shortcuts To Pinned Icons

Post by HansV »

WinKey+n (with n =1...9) will start the nth shortcut on the taskbar, or activate it if it is already running (whether pinned or not).
Shift+WinKey+n will start a new instance of the nth program on the taskbar.

It is possible to disable the Windows key entirely by a registry setting, but as far as I know, it is not possible to disable only WinKey+number, and leave the other shortcuts such as WinKey+M for minimize all, and WinKey+F for find etc. enabled.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks Hans. No, I don't want to disable the Windows key - too valuable an asset!

In my Clavier+ I have 37 shortcuts for either typing repetitive text or running of programs. All 37 use the Windows key in some combination with shift, control and/or alt. !!!

It's a "mell-of-a-hess" (Kentucky slang!) for me. I'm just gonna have to pull up a list of the Win7 Windows key shortcuts and go through them one at a time to see what I need to change in Clavier+ ...

Such is life ... Thanks again.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

See Keyboard Shortcuts and expand the section 'Windows logo key keyboard shortcuts' for a list of all available shortcuts.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

That's where I already "cannibalized" this list. Have to work on Clavier+ later today...

Thanks again.
Windows Key Shortcuts.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Way back when the "Windows Key" was introduced, Microsoft put out that they would NOT recommend any of the OEM's or users to customize shortcuts using the Windows key. It was there for Windows use and Microsoft could always use any combination for the use of it.

So the use of ANY user Windows key defined shortcut can be and will be over written by any new release of the Windows OS or update, that uses the said defined shortcut. I have stayed away from defining ANY Windows key shortcuts for this reason.

I do not recall seeing any Windows key shortcuts that are "Program" unique. Even the Office package does not use any Windows key for any of their shortcuts.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Good fer you, Dave! Faithful to the core.

:clapping: :cheers: :sad: