System Restore on HP Pavilion dv6

jmt356
SilverLounger

System Restore on HP Pavilion dv6

Post by jmt356 »

Is anyone aware of whether there is a System Restore on hte HP Pavilion dv6, which runs Windows 7 Home Edition, that allows the user to roll back to factory settings? I tried going through the System Restore and found a date whose description is First_User_Boot (type: Install). If I restore it to that point, will it look like it was before or after I installed programs and set up accounts upon first booting it up? I am trying to get the laptop at the point before I created a certain user account upon first booting up.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: System Restore on HP Pavilion dv6

Post by HansV »

I can't guarantee it, but as far as I can tell this restore point would restore the laptop to the state before you installed software and accounts.

By the way, did you get a system recovery disk, or were you prompted to create a system recovery disk when you first started the laptop?
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I have discovered that the following steps in Windows 7 Home Premium permit restoring the computer to factory settings (at least on the HP Pavilion dv6):
- In the Control Panel, click Recovery.
- In the window that opens, click Advanced recovery methods (in small blue text towards the bottom of the window).
- Click Return your computer to factory condition.
- Create a backup by clicking Back up now or otherwise click Skip.
Regards,

JMT

kevinmalmo
NewLounger

Post by kevinmalmo »

restoring your computer to your desired state. I've tried it and that is what get.