Active Tasks

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Active Tasks

Post by Gloria E »

After checking Active Tasks I found that I had 57 active tasks that are currently enabled and have not expired.

Most belong to Microsoft Windows, but a couple were for some programs that I use. I discovered two for programs that are no longer on my machine and deleted both.

My question is: Is it normal for Windows to be running all those active tasks?

They don't run at the same time but they do run, mostly, every day at different times. Included were two I probably set myself, like System Restore and Scheduled Defrag. I recognized none of the Windows Scheduled Tasks (but I really don't need to know what they are, what they do or how they perform.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Active Tasks

Post by JoeP »

Yes, it is normal. Windows does many things automatically in the background.

Joe
Joe

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

JoeP wrote:Yes, it is normal. Windows does many things automatically in the background.

Joe
Thank you Joe,

Could that be the reason that sometimes when I on the computer late at night, or very earl in the morning my computer seems to hang or hesitate like something was interfering?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

It is possible. You'd have to check what else is being run when the "slow down" occurs.

Joe
Joe