Security Settings

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Security Settings

Post by Don Wells »

I have just installed Overdrive Media Console which along with Windows Media Player will allow me to download audio books from the public library and play them on my computer. Prior to downloading the first audio book I am advised that the Windows Media Player requires a security upgrade to play protected content. I am given the option of clicking the OK button or going to this Microsoft site. Clicking the button in either option does nothing. I am also advised that if there is a problem I should confirm that both Overdrive Media Console, and Windows Media Player can access the internet. I am unable to locate a window which will allow me to set a switch on either of these programs. I am running FireFox; if that's significant. Help!
Regards
Don

HansV
Administrator

Re: Security Settings

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

No.
    I am also advised that if there is a problem I should confirm that both Overdrive Media Console, and Windows Media Player can access the internet. I am unable to locate a window which will allow me to set a switch on either of these programs. I am running FireFox; if that's significant. Help!
Regards
Don

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sorry about that. I hope that someone who knows Overdrive Media Console can help you.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Try accessing the Microsoft site with IE.

To verify Internet access with Media Player, check the options for Media Player so it is set to update album art automatically, rip a CD, and see if the album art gets updated.

Joe
Joe