Win7 Windows Live Email - Lost Folders

sswcharlie
NewLounger

Win7 Windows Live Email - Lost Folders

Post by sswcharlie »

Hi

My laptop had a hiccup. When restarted the email did not restore all folders. The only ones that showed were I think reloading from the ISP where there was a copy.

Just prior to hiccup the email had been closed and the message came up to 'save space' which it did, saying it was doing a backup. Where do I find this backup as of today ? And how do I restore the backup ?

Thankyou

Charlie Harris

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Re: Win7 Windows Live Email - Lost Folders

Post by tedshemyers »

Have you tried to reboot and reopen. There have been some reported instances where this solved the problem on some other mail clients. Might work with WLM as well.

Under C:/, users, user name, Windows Live Mail, there is a backup folder. I wonder if this is it??? (I think this is the path, I have moved my WLM folder to my D Drive)
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

sswcharlie
NewLounger

Post by sswcharlie »

Hi Tedshemyers

Thanks for your input. Have rebooted, no luck. Have looked at the backup folder you mention but that is for when I manually do a File/Export of email folders. Unfortunately I have not done one for a month or so.

I will keep searching for the auto backup it does when doing the 'save space' .

It has retained any folders in the 'storage folders' but not any new folders I had in the separate email accounts. Looks like in future it might pay me to only have new folders I want, under the 'storage folders' .

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

sswcharlie wrote:Hi
My laptop had a hiccup. When restarted the email did not restore all folders. The only ones that showed were I think reloading from the ISP where there was a copy.
Just prior to hiccup the email had been closed and the message came up to 'save space' which it did, saying it was doing a backup. Where do I find this backup as of today ? And how do I restore the backup ?
Thankyou
Charlie Harris
If you go to options, advanced tab, maintainance & click 'Storage Folder' it will show you.
RR.JPG
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.