Defaulting to International keyboard

HansV
Administrator

Re: Defaulting to International keyboard

Post by HansV »

Your screenshot showed a non-empty (Default) in Preload, so I was referring to that, but it holds for both.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I didn’t clear the value of default in Preload. I instead put the value as 00000409 in both the Preload and Substitutes. If that doesn’t work, then I will try your suggestion of clearing the value of default under Preload and Substitutes. Do I just delete the values? When I do that, the data field remains empty (it doesn’t even say “(value not set)”).
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Do not remove (Default), but double-click it and delete its value.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

When I do that, it causes the Data column to be blank; it doesn't even state "(value not set)".

In any case, it has been a day since I added 00000409 as the value for Default in both the Preload and Substitutes, and it seems that my keyboard has not been reverting to US. I'll give it a few days to see if it sticks with United States-International.

I'm not sure why it's working, I would have thought that Default should be set to 00020409 (United States-International) for both Preload and Substitutes to make it work.
Regards,

JMT

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

It just went back to US on its own. I then removed the value data for default for both Preload and Substitutes. Hopefully United States-International will stick this time.
Regards,

JMT