Update Mystery

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Update Mystery

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks,
I use 'PatchMyPC' as a replacement for Secunia PSI. It has just finished installing:-
WU.PNG
On opening Windows Update it did not show in 'View update history' or in 'Installed updates'
My Laptop was restarted as requested, NO sign of configuring updates.
Image taken from 'Programs and Features'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Update Mystery

Post by HansV »

I'd leave it as it is, messing with .NET Framework is fraught with problems. Microsoft will no doubt update it in its own good time.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Hans,
I have no intention of interferring with it, as it seems to have been installed correctly, although it doesn't show in locations as above.
-
My Desktop got the same update this morning. I have not looked to see if it appears in 'View update history' or in 'Installed updates'
yet. It has however been installed on D: Drive.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

An Update,
I have PatchMyPCan updater app on both my Laptop + Desktop pc's. Both are running Win7 Home Premium 32bit.
-
PatchMyPC installed Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2 on my Laptop first. When asked to do a restart, no configuring updates showed as they normally do. It did not show in Windows Update, Installed Updates or in View Update History. My Laptop is running fairly well before & after installing 4.7.2. Done on 02/05/2018.
-
Today 03/05/2018 my Desktop got the same update. it also did not show in Installed Updates or in View Update History. Unfortunately it was installed on D:Drive.
Before uninstalling Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2, I found the page to down load it. (Windows update did not show this update).
After uninstalling it, and a restart, I attempted to install it with the file I down loaded, again it tried to install on D:Drive. I cancelled the update. I then checked for updates and it offered Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.1 so I installed it and it went ok.
-
Checking for updates on both pc's gave nothing afterwards.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You'll probably see it if you click Start (or press the Windows key), type Reliability and press Enter. If necessary, click on the appropriate date.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

HansV wrote:You'll probably see it if you click Start (or press the Windows key), type Reliability and press Enter. If necessary, click on the appropriate date.
What I am trying to find out,is, why Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2 was installed correctly on my Laptop but not my Desktop.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm not a Windows expert, I have no idea. Sorry.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Not to worry Hans, I posted on Microsoft Answers also, sadly they don't seem to be experts either.
I got this:- but a reboot fixed it.
WU.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

George,'
Just a thought. Are you dual booting along with another OS? i know on my dual boot, Win 7 shows as C: drive and Win 10 as D: drive.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Bob, NO that is one thing I have never contemplated. It's bad enough for me to operate one system.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.