Different screen sizes

geecee
3StarLounger
Location: Australia - SOUTH MORANG - A northern suburb of the city of MELBOURNE in the state of Victoria

Different screen sizes

Post by geecee »

I don't know whether this is the right place for my query but I'll ask here since I am using Windows 7 and an HP Envy 4524 printer. On my user screen I use Medium size icons and when I click on the printer icon, the screen comes up like this.
_GPS042.png
My son also uses the computer and uses small icons on his user screen. When he clicks on the printer icon, the screen comes up like this.
GPS043.png
There is quite a difference in size. Not that it creates a problem but I was wondering if there is a logical reason for it, and any way that I could make my screen just a fraction smaller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George

When we're gaun up the hill o’ fortune, may we ne'er meet a frien' comin' doun!
(When we are going up the hill of fortune, may we never meet a friend coming down!)

:smile: Don't cry because it's over...Smile because it happened.l :smile:

:note: At the end of the day it's midnight. :note:

Leif
Administrator

Re: Different screen sizes

Post by Leif »

What is the screen resolution in each case?

I believe that icon sizes are fixed pixel sizes, so that a 100 x 100 icon will appear larger on a 1600 x 900 screen than on a 1920 x 1080 screen.
Leif

geecee
3StarLounger
Location: Australia - SOUTH MORANG - A northern suburb of the city of MELBOURNE in the state of Victoria

Post by geecee »

Leif wrote:What is the screen resolution in each case?

I believe that icon sizes are fixed pixel sizes, so that a 100 x 100 icon will appear larger on a 1600 x 900 screen than on a 1920 x 1080 screen.
Both the same
GPS044.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George

(When we are going up the hill of fortune, may we never meet a friend coming down!)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller". Any difference there?
Best wishes,
Hans

geecee
3StarLounger

Post by geecee »

HansV wrote:Click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller". Any difference there?
Yes. Thank you. I was set at Medium - 125% and my son was set at Smaller - 100% (Default).

Leif and Hans. Thanks to both.
George

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Could it be that one of you resized the pane and Windows does remember that size?
On both my windows 7 and 10 systems the pane sized is remember to the last used.

Try changing your pane, close the window, the reopen it did the pane size remain as you changed it?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Dave, George has already found the cause: different DPI settings (125% vs 100%)
Best wishes,
Hans

geecee
3StarLounger

Post by geecee »

DaveA wrote:Could it be that one of you resized the pane and Windows does remember that size?
On both my windows 7 and 10 systems the pane sized is remember to the last used.

Try changing your pane, close the window, the reopen it did the pane size remain as you changed it?
HansV wrote:Dave, George has already found the cause: different DPI settings (125% vs 100%)
Thanks anyway Dave.
George