Cancelling a copy stuck

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Cancelling a copy stuck

Post by Diana van den Berg »

I was copying 6 files to an offsite server and the procedure appeared to be stuck, so I clicked on Cancel. That was 2½ hours ago. I have tried everything I could think of, but it won't go away.

I have Windows 7 Professional.

Thank you for any help.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Cancelling a copy stuck

Post by Rudi »

What happens if you reboot? (assuming you haven't tried this yet?)
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Thank you for your reply, Rudi.

I tried that several times and each time the moment I go online and go on to the server it is still going on and on and on . . .

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Darn... Reboot works for everything....and if it doesn't, then I'm gobsmacked! :crazy:
Hopefully our Windows experts will be able to assist.
(I was only chancing my luck with my post.)
Regards,
Rudi

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Rudi wrote:Darn... Reboot works for everything....and if it doesn't, then I'm gobsmacked! :crazy:
Hopefully our Windows experts will be able to assist.
(I was only chancing my luck with my post.)

Thank you for trying, though, Rudi.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HOW were you sending the files?
Couple of possibilities but was it to a work server?
Like Rudi, I would have gone for the reboot. Since that didn't work, then Completely power off, including the modem, wait a minute, boot up. I would think you might get a message saying something like. "Do you want to continue sending?" or not.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

viking33 wrote:HOW were you sending the files?
Like Rudi, I would have gone for the reboot. Since that didn't work, then Completely power off, including the modem, wait a minute, boot up. I would think you might get a message saying something like. "Do you want to continue sending?" or not.
Thank you for your reply, Bob.

I did what you said (with no messages) except that I didn't turn off the modem, just disconnected it from the laptop. I will try that when I have posted this.

I was using Copy and Paste. No, not a work server - a dedicated server to establish a WAN Work-Around via RDP for a Microsoft Access database.

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

viking33 wrote:HOW were you sending the files?
Bob, I have never met you, but I would willingly and joyously give you a Ferrari or a mansion on the beach or much better still, a horse ranch in Texas (it's warmer for the horses in Texas than in Massachusetts), as long as you promise to look after the horses wonderfully, if only I could. It was turning off the modem that did it! I was so despondent and didn't think that it (or anything else, lol) would work, but hey presto, IT DID! THANK YOU!!! :clapping: :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :grin: :thankyou:

And thanks again, Rudi. Perhaps Bob would let you ride one of the horses from time to time!

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hey...great to hear. I love a good ending! :smile:

We can all ride off into the sunset and Bob can lead the cavalry. Giddy up!!
Regards,
Rudi

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Rudi wrote:Hey...great to hear. I love a good ending! :smile:

Thank you, Rudi, :grin:! So do I love a good ending! I thought I already had one before I did such a stupid thing. It was all going so well, ready for the networking guy to see tomorrow, and to iron out a couple of really minor things - but I am nearly back there again and then by the end of whenever I can get hold of the networkng guy tomorrow, we'll be A for away!

Yes, how lovely! I didn't think of me being invited to ride one of the horses as well - sweet memories of my beloved, late horse Flicka! (I hope Bob likes horses . . . but how could he not?) :grin:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Diana van den Berg wrote:
Rudi wrote:Hey...great to hear. I love a good ending! :smile:

Thank you, Rudi, :grin:! So do I love a good ending! I thought I already had one before I did such a stupid thing. It was all going so well, ready for the networking guy to see tomorrow, and to iron out a couple of really minor things - but I am nearly back there again and then by the end of whenever I can get hold of the networkng guy tomorrow, we'll be A for away!

Yes, how lovely! I didn't think of me being invited to ride one of the horses as well - sweet memories of my beloved, late horse Flicka! (I hope Bob likes horses . . . but how could he not?) :grin:
That's good news. You know, that's one of the great things about our little Lounge and all of it's members. When someone has a problem and you can suggest a possible solution and it WORKS! :clapping:
So far as horses, I love all animals but I'm afraid I haven't been on a horse in years. My cousin who I grew up with, ended up raising Palominos on a small ranch in South Jersey. That is where I did my horse riding but it's been a long time now and she has moved out West.

A sidebar: She also acquired four Zebras from a zoo that was closing but I never tried riding any of those guys! :groan:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.