Cannot Uninstall Programs

BobH
UraniumLounger

Cannot Uninstall Programs

Post by BobH »

Occasionally, I go through CP > Programs_and_Features to see if I have installed any software that I didn't mean to install or that I no longer want on the system. Recently I found 2 that I cannot uninstall.

Leawo iTransfer is supposed to accommodate exchange of files between IOS and Win. I must have installed it and tried it at some point, but now it remains in my programs list and I cannot uninstall it. I get this message when I try to do so:
Leawo Uninstall.gif

Legacy 8.0 is software to support genealogical research and data organization. I remember downloading and running a trial but thought I had deep sixed it. It still appears in the list but when I try to uninstall it, I get this message:
Legacy uninstall response.gif

How do I go about getting rid of them? Do I have to use REGEDIT? If so, where can I learn what I need to know?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Cannot Uninstall Programs

Post by DaveA »

For the Legacy issue go to http://support.legacyfamilytree.com/art ... error.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Regarding iTransfer...
I know by know it sounds a bit cliche, but did you try using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall iTransfer? Revo is much more adept to this function than the built in Windows uninstaller. If Revo does not work, I could recommend to simply reinstall iTransfer first. This would add the unins000.dat file (hopefully), and then use Revo to uninstall again.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Revo Uninstaller got rid of both.

Thank you!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

TX...I'll take three of those :yum: (to wash down the cherry tart) LOL
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.