Network Drives Not Found

BobH
UraniumLounger

Network Drives Not Found

Post by BobH »

Some days ago, I connected an external HDD to my wifi router and did a Map Network Drive process. I was able to access the drive from any of my computers.

For some reason unknown to me, those drives are not longer known to Windows 7. When I do a File Explorer display on Computer, these drives show up thusly . . .
Network drives.gif
Why is this happening?

What, if anything, can I do about it?

(much I don't know about network attached devices . . . )

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Network Drives Not Found

Post by Rudi »

Hi Bob,

I found a thread with this reported issue and contributors posted with a variety of "solutions"...
Maybe you can troubleshoot through these options below (in no particular order) and see if any work for you.

1. I have found turning off the media server function improves stability. My device stays visible on the network indefinitely with the media server function off.
2. Make sure that Port Forwarding is on in your router settings.
3. In your router settings, login as admin. Click Advanced and look for the firewall settings, making sure everything is allowed.
4. It could be a power saving option on your wireless adapter Properties > Power Management.
5. Click and enable the "Reconnect at Logon" option in the Map Network Drive window, and then click "Finish." After a few seconds, Windows Explorer displays the file and folder contents of the external USB hard drive.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.