Unspecified Windows Updates

RonH
SilverLounger

Unspecified Windows Updates

Post by RonH »

What to do about two new update notices that are not specified :scratch:
I have searched for the detail of these without success. Anyone have the same issue and should one 'take a punt' and install them?
Windows.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Unspecified Windows Updates

Post by HansV »

I assume that you have made sure that a reboot doesn't solve the problem.
Try the Microsoft Fix it for Windows 8.1/8/7 in How do I reset Windows Update components?
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Unspecified Windows Updates

Post by RonH »

Thou should not 'assume' Hans :grin:
Of course I forgot to reboot ... never again. :sad: :sad: :sad:
My concern was: is it possible for the MS Update software to be invaded by aliens but all is well now thanks.

Off subject ... over the past week I have had two 'lets lock up your pc attempts'. The first very much appeared to be my bank with the 'click here' link and the second was from a well known actress ... this was an obvious ploy 'cause I don't know any glamorous actresses :innocent: Interestingly the bank one said at the end of the email that 'If I was confused about what they wanted me to do then I should visit my local branch and they will help'. That will con a lot of folk ... nearly did click myself until I noticed the email from .RU.

Thank you for the 'boot'
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.