System Boot Message Question

BobH
UraniumLounger

System Boot Message Question

Post by BobH »

I boot Win 7 HPE and the Start Menu has several apps that start. Glary utilities tell me that my start up time is about 2 min 30 sec. I don't find the time to be a problem and could probably reduce the boot time by scheduling some of the apps to open after Win 7 starts. Glary utilities support controlling that action. This is NOT the reason for my post but rather just background information.

One of the programs that starts and runs in the background is PhraseExpress. Every time I boot, I get a message telling me that there is a possible conflict between Microsoft Intellipoint and PhraseExpress. I just ignore the warning and proceed with the boot, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or could shed some light on the conflict. I'm stumped. I don't know enough to pursue identifying what the possible conflict between the 2 apps might be in order to decide how to address the warning. FWIW Task Manager shows PhraseExpress running but does not show any information about MS Intellipoint as an app. I think that it might have something to do with the driver for my MS wireless keyboard which also came with a mouse which I do NOT use. I use the Logitech M510 wireless mouse because I like its ergonomics. In looking at installed programs I do not see Microsoft Intellipoint but I do have an entry for Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.

Inquiring (or is that "enquiring", John G?) minds want to know.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: System Boot Message Question

Post by HansV »

"Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" is the new name for IntelliPoint (see Mouse and Keyboard Center 2.0 (formerly IntelliPoint and IntelliType Pro). If you uninstall it, you may have problems with your wireless keyboard, but you could try it and see what happens.

The documentation for PhraseExpress explicitly recommends closing IntelliPoint - see PhraseExpress Troubleshooting.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: System Boot Message Question

Post by BobH »

Thanks for the info, Hans.

My searches didn't reveal - or I didn't pick up on - the fact that there was a name change. I'm not going to risk having problems with the keyboard; so I guess I'll remove PhraseExpress.

Thanks again!
:wine: :wine: :wine:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs