Silverlight Update

RonH
SilverLounger

Silverlight Update

Post by RonH »

Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB2977218) Installation date: ‎24.‎07.‎2014 22:22

This update was offered yesterday but since installation my Explorer on Start Up (or wake from sleep) comes up with a black screen. I have to restart explorer to correct. Is this likely to be a Silverlight issue and what is the best way to check/solve.
Thanks
Ron
I should add that CCleaner shows many registry entries now for Silverlight.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Silverlight Update

Post by HansV »

Do you mean Windows Explorer? That doesn't use Silverlight, so it's hard to see a connection.
You could uninstall the update (or perform a system restore), then let Windows install it again.
I installed the update yesterday without negative effects.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Silverlight Update

Post by RonH »

Good morning Hans and thanks for comment.

A few minutes ago, my Desktop went crazy with hundreds of picture links. That I am sure was the cause and t'was my fault :sad:
Some days ago, I was trying out a feature on the Lightworks video editing programme and captured a series of jpeg pics from a short length of a video ... at 25 fps this resulted in many pictures! I meant to save them to a folder on the desk top but 'hit the button' to quick ... the downloads started to fill up (overfill) my Desktop at a rapid rate but I managed to stop the programme running after a few 100 were captured! Then I laboriously started to delete all of them from my Desktop without compromising the icons I wanted to retain.

I thought that I had succeeded but the suckers came back in full force this morning :innocent: So I have cleaned these files out (again), deleted the Recycle Bin, run CCleaner and cleaned etc. Lets hope that I have really destroyed these unwanted jpeg's now.

But I learned something ... don't download anything to the Desktop unless very sure 'all OK' :grin:
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.