Slow Toolbars?

Cah
3StarLounger

Slow Toolbars?

Post by Cah »

I have added a couple of folders as toolbars. What governs how fast these take to open up? It seems the first time I access them after boot there is a 5 second pause or so before popup is fully populated. Could this be because Windows is creating icons or something? After the first time they open instantaneously but why the initial delay?. It's galling as I have 16GB of memory and a GeForce GTX 550 Ti v3 and feel I shouldn't need to be waiting so long to access a toolbar. There are less than 30 files in folder that takes the longest to appear. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens and can suggest a fix. Thanks.

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Slow Toolbars?

Post by Claude »

Try clearing the temporary folders, maybe that'll help.
Cheers, Claude.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

You could also look into your Startup sequence and clean up unnecessary startup apps.
This too might play a role in slowing down the initiating of the toolbars and its content.

You can use CCleaner or,
Open the Run dialog [WIN]+R and type: msconfig and OK. Then select the Startup tab in the dialog that appears.
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

Thanks for the replies. I use CCleaner regularly. I'm not talking about accessing the toolbars immediately after startup so I don't think the startup sequence has anything to do with it, in any case I've been through it many times in the past. I think it is something else.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

added a couple of folders as toolbars
How did you do this?
And where?

Can you post a screen shot?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Cah
3StarLounger

Post by Cah »

DaveA wrote:
added a couple of folders as toolbars
How did you do this?
And where?
RightClick the Taskbar select Toolbars and then New toolbar... that's it.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Windows is enumerating the folder contents. Depending on the file types in the folder it might be generating icons & thumbnails.

Essentially, the more files in the folder the slower it will open after a boot. Once Windows enumerates the contents and caches the results opening the folder will be much faster.

Joe
Joe