format encrypted disk NOT

Michelle
Lounger

format encrypted disk NOT

Post by Michelle »

How can I get rid of a warning pop-up box?
Every time I plug in my TrueCrypt encrypted external drive, Win7 issues a pop-up box:-
001.jpg
I'd like to disable this as I do my backups every night, and frankly it's getting my back up.
Thanks for and help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: format encrypted disk NOT

Post by John Gray »

Try going to "Computer Management" > "Disk Management" (or by whatever path Windows 7 requires) and removing the (TrueCrypt) drive letter. If that doesn't work, there are a few other suggestions found via Googling the error message.

I do hope that your "I'd like to disable this as I do my backups every night, and frankly it's getting my back up" was an unconscious pun...! :rofl:
John Gray

If you are having problems with solitude, you are not alone.

Michelle
Lounger

Post by Michelle »

I don't actually want to remove the drive letter however, John. Thanks for your suggestion though. I've started to hunt down an answer on Google.
Many thanks!
Michelle

Sundog
5StarLounger

Post by Sundog »

Michelle, I'm starting to get the same error message. I "disconnected" the drive in Windows Explorer but still get the popup every 15 seconds or so. Did you have any luck Googling?
Sundog

Sundog
5StarLounger

Post by Sundog »

This worked for me: Control Panel > AutoPlay > uncheck "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices" box at top of listing. Didn't have to do any playing around with USB ports, just did the uncheck.
Sundog

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Sundog wrote:This worked for me: Control Panel > AutoPlay > uncheck "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices" box at top of listing. Didn't have to do any playing around with USB ports, just did the uncheck.
Which is good security advice anyway...
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube