Start Up Programs

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Start Up Programs

Post by hlewton »

There is a program I like using that has its shortcut to starting in the Windows 7 Start Up folder yet often times is does not start and I have to reboot maybe 1 or 2 times to get it to start. Any ideas what causes this and how I can correct it?

If the program itself makes any difference it is 1-Click Answers and I just installed its latest version thinking maybe I had an older version that wasn't fully compatible with Windows 7. This one is supposed to be compatible but often times it still does not start.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Start Up Programs

Post by HansV »

Perhaps there are too many other things going on at startup.

As an alternative, you can place a shortcut on your desktop, and/or pin a shortcut to the taskbar. That way, starting 1-Click Answers is only 1 click... :grin:
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

LOL I may have to do that but there are only 3 other things in the Startup folder but I suppose all the other processes starting up may add to the confusion. Funny thing is I only have this problem on the Win 7 machine and not on any of my other computers.

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There are many other processes starting automatically besides the programs in Startup. But why the problem is limited to Windows 7, I cannot tell you.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I agree and again thanks.
Regards,
hlewton