installing Itunes on Windows 7 64 bit

garbsmj
4StarLounger

installing Itunes on Windows 7 64 bit

Post by garbsmj »

According to garbette, this cannot be done. I have downloaded both the 32bit and 64bit versions. When I try to run the 32bit setup it says something to the tune of "you must be out of your mind - this is 64bit machine." So I tried the 64bit and it says something to the tune of "pardon me but you must use the 32bit version."

So do I just wait for this stuff to get fixed with windows 8 or do you have any suggestions (other than getting a mac)?
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: installing Itunes on Windows 7 64 bit

Post by Bigaldoc »

I'm not finished yet, but just wanted you to know that someone else is trying too.

My laptop is also Win 7 64-bit but I tried the 32-bit version and got the same crappy message you did. I don't have time right now, but I'll continue onward later and let you know.

We may have to resort to (Heaven forbid!) trying to contact someone at Apple...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I just downloaded and installed the iTunes 64-bit version, so I don't know what happened to you.

You DID do it from within IE didn't you? I don't think iTunes will download OK from Firefox. I didn't try that here since I know from my XP desktop that it won't download in Firefox.

I clicked SAVE initially, rather than run and THEN after the file was downloaded to my Downloads directory, I chose to run it.

Don't know if any of these nuances is what "bit" you... It's version 10.6.3.25

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

okay - thanks Al. Of course I downloaded it on firefox. I only use IE for work but I'll fire it up, upon a new tab and see if it will work. If not, I'll be back.

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

okie dokie Al - I was able to download it using IE. All that just to find out I can't buy an obscure movie but I can rent it for the same price that I can get it on Amazon. Oh well. :scratch: